Monday, April 15, 2013

How Big of a Blessing Do You Want to Become In This World?

A couple of months ago I shared with you four Big Prayers for our little church.  They were:

  1. That PCF will become recognized as the most Loving, Caring, Compassionate congregation in the US.
  2. That the RTP choir would raise over 1 million dollars for our chosen charities in the next five years. 
  3. That the PCF congregation will touch over 100,000 lives world wide for Christ in the next 15 years....or sooner!
  4. That we will become known in the greater St. Louis area as the miracle working church because we are a powerful praying church.
So what is happening with these big, "Only With God's Help" prayers?

  • Steve Klingel, our bass player will be delivering ball equipment to the children in Columbia South America in about a week.  Equipment we have collected here in Edwardsville.
  • We have started a weekly prayer service on Wednesday nights.
And, look at this picture Judy Bertels just sent to me. This is an 8th grade classroom in Chongwe Zambia, and is being completed from the funds from the Raise The Praise Concert.

Our little but mighty Praise Community Fellowship Church is already touching lives world wide. We have people from China, Russia, and Germany visiting our website and listening to the sermons.
We are impacting lives of children and adults in Zambia and soon in Columbia South America. Some of our members have made a huge impact in the lives of a local family who lost everything in a fire.
Another group of our members have been closely involved in a young persons life who is seriously ill.

To me this is what church is all about. I love when we come together to sing and worship and play music. But when I see the impact we are having on the hurting, the suffering, the widows, and the children, I then know we are doing what Jesus called us to do.

Matthew 25:35-40

35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

The question I have for all of you involved in PCF is this, "How big of a blessing do you want to become in this world?"  Because we are the only ones setting the limits!

God has a wonderful plan for you life, it is our job to say yes and fulfill it!

See you soon.  Love, Pastor Kent


1 comment:

  1. Big Prayers 1 & 4 contain dangerous concepts that can taint a church. I would rather see PCF:

    1) Be a Loving, Caring and Compassionate congregation as opposed to striving to be recognized as such; and

    4) Be a miracle working church through powerful prayer and action as opposed to to striving to become known as such.

    Many churches and church-goers (not necessarily PCF) get caught up in the recognition piece and all the glory and praise it brings and forget that serving God comes before all else.

    Thank you for being a great place to worship!

    ReplyDelete