Friday, May 10, 2013

Message in a Bottle

I have been blessed to have grown up on Dunlap Lake. I love to fish, swim, and just hang out on the water. I still live on the lake right next door to where I grew up. The lake has fascinated me since I was a Kid. I would often imagine building a boat, which my friends and I attempted on a couple of occasions...complete failure...and setting sail on the lake and heading to far off places.  Now as crazy as that sounds since Dunlap is only about 100 acres in size it is theoretically possible.

As a matter of fact if you live in any of the newer developments along Governors Parkway you could literally put a note in a bottle and drop it in one of the creeks during a big rain and have that note and bottle end up in some far off deserted Island in the atlantic ocean.  Really!   See the creeks along Governors Parkway all run into Dunlap. Dunlap then has an overflow that runs into Mooney creek which goes under Rt. 143 which eventually dumps into the canal which dumps into the Mississippi. The Mississippi goes to the Gulf of Mexico and once you reach the Gulf you have gate way to the world.

The Bible says

                Ecclesiastes 1:7



All streams flow into the sea,
    yet the sea is never full.
To the place the streams come from,
    there they return again.

Praise Community Fellowship has a message of Hope, Love, Possibility, and most important Salvation. We are small, and we don't even have our own facility. BUT!  We are putting our  message out there every week.  Last week we had visitors from Texas. We have online visitors every week from all parts of the world. People come into our church from many backgrounds. Some only come one time. I see all people who come into our church as a vessel or a bottle in which to plant the message of salvation.  You never know where our message will end up.  That is why it is so very important for all Christians to understand that each of us can impact the world for Christ by being the messenger of Good News to who ever God puts in our path. 


In one of my songs called "I Hope You Know My Name" I have a line that says "I am a speck in a sea of millions of people, How could you possibly even know my name?"  
Sometimes our self inflicted insignificance hinders what God can do with us. Don't let that happen to you. 

Matthew 5:14-15

14 “You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house.

I hope you will join me and the Praise Choir this Sunday as we throw our message filled bottles into the river of possibility.  God has a great plan for your life. Get on with it!  See you Sunday, Love Pastor Kent


No comments:

Post a Comment