Thursday, July 4, 2013

Make This 4th of July a Turning Point in Your Life!

I have been using this summer schedule for much prayer, reading and reflection.  Today being the 4th of July, usually a time of Bar-b-Qs, celebration, family and friends, water melon, and fireworks, I find myself seeking to make myself more available to God.  Because, that is the only way to find my highest calling.  That is true for all believers.

Christians today, for the most part are passive Christians.  We like the concept of God, we like learning the concepts of Jesus and all about His teachings but when it comes to joining Him, that is a different story.  Why?  Why do we shy away from the God of the universe who created everything and is in control of everything?  What are we afraid of?  Especially when we read in the Bible that He loves us.  He only wants the best for us?  It is because we still think that we "HAVE" to be in control of our lives or else we will be miserable.

How about if you make this 4th of July a turning point in your life?  You will if you can honestly declare the following statement: "Lord, whatever I know to be Your will I will do.  Regardless of the cost and regardless of the adjustment I may have to make in my life, I commit myself to follow your will.  No matter what that looks like Lord I will do it! "

Do you think God could use someone like that?  That is what my prayer is for this 4th of July. Won't you join me in making yourself available to the King of the Universe?

See you this Sunday at 6:00 am  Glick Park!     Love, Pastor Kent

No comments:

Post a Comment