Wednesday, September 11, 2013

What's the Point?

This is the question I ask myself regularly about who we are as a church, who I am as the pastor, and where it is that we are wanting to go. In other words so we have become a church called Praise Community Fellowship, "What's the Point?"

So now I am a pastor, "What's the point?"

Where are we going as a church? and, when we get there, "What will be the point?"

As I have thought about these questions many times for many hours I have come to the conclusion that it is tremendously important for all of us to understand "The Point!"

Here is what I believe the "Point" is. The point of church is to learn how to become like Jesus; live our life like He lived, love like He loved, forgive like He forgave, show compassion like Him and sacrifice for others as He did. The only way to become like Him is to accept Him for who He said He was, the Son of God and Savior of all mankind.

So going back to our questions: What is the point of Praise Community Fellowship?
Answer: Everything we do must have as its primary purpose to bring people into a loving relationship with Jesus and to demonstrate the love, forgiveness, compassion, and healing that Jesus demonstrated.

What is the point of being a Pastor? To lead and demonstrate the love, compassion, forgiveness, and healing of Jesus and to help all who want and need to find this healing love in their life. Sometimes I will be effective, sometimes I will fail, understand that. The Key for me is to keep the "Point" in front of me at all times.

Where are we going as a church? To become more and more effective at introducing people to Jesus and then how to become more like Him. If we are not becoming more and more effective at reaching the lost and more and more effective at changing lives then we are failing our mission. Everything we do at PCF has to have as it's primary focus reaching the unbelievers, and effectively modeling Jesus to the world? So if we decide to have a concert for example the question we must ask ourselves is, "How will this concert reach the lost and how will it model the life of Jesus?

No matter what the future holds for PCF, lets never loose focus on the "Point!"

Love, Pastor Kent  Sunrise service this Sunday, weather permitting. I will be giving more details soon.  Keep posted,

No comments:

Post a Comment