Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Wednesday afternoon with God!

If you tune in, God will instruct you to do something for Him when you least expect it.  I just read a story about a woman who was practicing "tuning in" and here what she had to say. She was driving thru a Chick-fil-A restaurant and the girl at the window says to her, "I really love that blouse you have on!" So as soon as the gal telling the story drives away with her sandwich and drink God hits her with this, "Go buy the girl that just waited on you the blouse she loves and give it to her!"

After laughing and then thinking she was completely nuts for such a thought she decided that God was indeed speaking to her.  So she goes and buys the girl the blouse takes it back to the store and says to her, "I know you may think I'm crazy but God told me to buy you this and I must obey him, so here is a gift from Jesus!"

Now I know some of you may think that this is going way out there.  That's OK but I have done this exact thing and used the exact words that this lady did. "I know you may think I'm crazy, but God told me to ….this for you!"  So I had to share this story because I believe that if more Christians would "tune in" and then "act" on what God is prompting them to do, this world would look so much better. And here is the kicker, the real blessing comes back to the giver!  Can you imagine if millions of Christians would start "tuning in" and then following through?  How many blessings a day would be happening all around us.  How much more love would people begin having in their hearts.  How much more positive impact would Christianity have in this world?  And before you think I've completely gone off my rocker let me remind you of why Jesus became so popular so fast.  It was His miracles! He was doing amazing things for people!

I have a theory. I believe the main reason more and more people aren't going to church anymore is because there is just too little evidence that God is doing anything thru or with the people who do go to church! And that is sad because I know that God is more than able to work through a surrendered heart who is tuned in and willing to do whatever God asks.

I will be at Glik Park tonight at 6:30 for anyone wanting to stop by and chat about God or any other questions you may have. If it is raining. I won't be there and we will make it another time.

Get tuned in so God can reveal His plan for you!  Then get on with it!
Love, pastor Kent

No comments:

Post a Comment