Wednesday, July 16, 2014

No Joy, No Worship!

I am a grandpa. There is something wonderful about having my 3 year old grand-daughter call me PaPa Kent. She is full of enthusiasm, always wanting to do something fun, especially going to the park across the street from my house.

God created each and everyone of us in His own image. We have feelings, God has feelings.  We love it when we are loved. God loves being loved. He put many of His characteristics in us so that we can understand who He is.

I love visits with my grand-daughter. But, what if she was forced to come see me? What if her parents had to drag her to my house for a visit and the entire time she was there she was in a bad mood and wanted to go home? What if she wouldn't talk with me and just watched the clock until it was time to go home? What if she just wasn't interested in me? How would I feel?  How would you feel?

The joy of my granddaughter is in the fact that I know she loves me and enjoys me and wants to come to my house. Enough said?

God loves you. It's all about finding Joy in the relationship. No joy, no worship.

See you soon. Love pastor kent


No comments:

Post a Comment