Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Tuesday Thoughts on "Understanding Who God really Is"

I overheard a conversation at the hospital between a couple of women in a waiting room discussing their loved ones ills and why they were at the hospital. After a fairly long conversation about all the problems each of their husbands were facing one of the women said, "Sometimes I think bad things just happen for no real reason." The other woman nodded and said, "Yes I think so!"

All I can say is, "If that is true, then I want off this ship!"  Listen to me, the God we worship…there is that word again…is in absolute control of "everything" whether we understand it or not.  And that fact gives me great peace! Great peace. Peace which surpasses all understanding!

I am recuperating from my spine surgery. On the surface it would seem to me that I could definitely be serving God in a greater way if I were in perfect health. It would allow me to get out and do more, see more people, have more energy and a lot less pain. But, because I know God, I also know He has a perfect plan in all this. This is His will for me at this time in my life for a very specific reason.

Look at this bible passage:

John 19:10-11

10 “Do you refuse to speak to me?” Pilate said. “Don’t you realize I have power either to free you or to crucify you?”
11 Jesus answered, “You would have no power over me if it were not given to you from above.

"You would have no power if it were not given to you!  Given by who? GOD!  God is in control, not us!


Matthew 26:50-53

50 Jesus replied, “Do what you came for, friend.”[a]
Then the men stepped forward, seized Jesus and arrested him. 51 With that, one of Jesus’ companions reached for his sword, drew it out and struck the servant of the high priest, cutting off his ear.
52 “Put your sword back in its place,” Jesus said to him, “for all who draw the sword will die by the sword. 53 Do you think I cannot call on my Father, and he will at once put at my disposal more than twelve legions of angels?

Jesus, in His own tragic predicament tells Pilate, that God is in control!  Pilate thought he was in control but it is only because God is allowing him to be.  Jesus found Himself in some pretty bad circumstances but what did He teach us?  God is in control, not the the circumstance!

So here is the deal my dear friends. If you are sick, if you are happy, if you are sad, if you are rich, if you are poor, if you are hurting, if you are in trouble, or if everything in your life seems like Disney World, rejoice. Get with God and thank Him and talk with Him because He is allowing everything into your life for a reason and for a season. There is a purpose in all things! If this were not so we would not have a God worth worshipping!  Come let us worship the one who knows all, controls all, creates all, and who has all power over all things!  Worship Him out of fear and love. You are right where God wants you right now, but unless you come to Him and worship and have a relationship with Him you, like so many, may completely miss what it is He is wanting to show you or teach you in your current circumstances. Everything is designed by God to move us toward His Kingdom!  That's it in a nutshell.  God is "allowing" the circumstances you are experiencing in your life for a reason, and because of that I say let's rejoice!

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

16 Rejoice always, 17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

Hope to see you all this Sunday, I have another amazing God story for you!
Love, pastor kent

No comments:

Post a Comment