Monday, September 22, 2014

Monday Morning Thoughts and Announcements

Galatians 5:22-25
"22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.

The Holy Spirit is the only way we can love as Jesus said we should love both God and others. The Holy Spirit is the only way you will be able to read the bible and understand Gods message to you personally. The Hoy Spirit is who can decode the infinite spiritual wisdom contained in the bibles words.

Question: "But why do I care if I have the fruit of the spirit or being able to understand what God is telling me?"

Answer: " I cannot totally answer that for you other than to say I have lived my life separate from God without the power of the Holy Spirit and I now live my life with the power of the Holy Spirit and I can tell you that having God within me is much better! It removed my fears and worries and gave me Godly confidence in this life because I now know that no matter what is happening to me or around me God is 100% in control! His perfect will is unfolding and my responsibility is to continue to read His word, to listen and obey His spirit which lives within me. God has removed the burden of me having to "act" like I'm in control or need to be in control. Now I only have the duty of submitting to His will and prompting.  But the only way I will be able to submit and obey is if I can hear and understand His voice and directions. That is why I need the book He supplied to us, and his Holy Spirit, and a designated daily time to spend with Him.

The blessings of walking in the Spirit are not about getting goose bumps or tears at church. The true blessing of the Holy Spirit  is being able to face all the stuff of day to day life without fear or depression or anger and having Holy Spirit Joy in your heart in all circumstances. That is why I think you should care if you receive the power of the Holy Spirit.  I think all Christians would live a whole new life if they would make their top prayer priority to be filled with His Spirit. "Ask and you shall receive!"  

ANNOUNCEMENTS
I found out this morning that Glik Park is NOT available this coming Sunday. They are booked up until Oct. 11th. However, I am not giving up yet. If anyone has a suggestion of where we still might have our family outing this coming Sunday let me know. I will keep everyone posted.

MEN: We will resume our Wednesday Morning Breakfasts at Breadco starting this Wednesday Sept. 24th. All are invited. We usually meet at 8:00 for those of you who are available to attend. It is an informal get together where we basically solve the worlds problems and create a few more!

PCF Youth: PCF youth Group will have a kick off meeting on Oct. 8th at 6:30 pm Sheryl Burian's home. This group is planning on meeting 2 times each month to start. All youth from 8th grade thru 12th Grade are welcome to attend this meeting.  You can contact Sheryl by email at rburian@hotmail.com or by her cell 618-806-4623.

See you soon! Love, pastor kent


No comments:

Post a Comment