Tuesday, September 15, 2015

One of the Greatest Things!


One of the greatest things about the way God made us is our freedom to choose. God gave us freedom  to choose our own path. This is also one of the downfalls of all of us, our ability to choose.

One of the greatest things that has ever happened to me is when Bonni and I chose one another. When it comes to relationships, healthy, loving, rewarding relationships, it takes two people to commit to one another for the relationship to work. If Bonni loved me and wanted to be in a relationship with me but I was not committed to her and did my own thing with no regard to her wishes and desires, it would make for a bad relationship. It would not bring happiness or blessings to either of us. But since we both choose to be dedicated and devoted to one another, we are both rewarded and blessed.

The good news!  God has already chosen you. He already loves you! He will be there for you!  The blessings come when you are willing to do the same for Him! And there is another great secret about your commitment to God. It is how we receive power from the Holy Spirit.  He says, "love me and do what I say and I will send you super natural power into your life!  Look at the scripture from John.

John 14:15-17

15 “If you love me, keep my commands. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.
Make the commitment today to the one who already loves you!

See you soon. Love, pastor kent


No comments:

Post a Comment