Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Got Weeds?



In accounting there are Profits and Expenses. When you tally up the two columns, hopefully in the end, you will come up with a positive balance. The words you use everyday also can be tallied. They either go into the uplifting, loving, kind, positive column, or they go into the downer, degrading,  negative column. How does your word balance sheet look?

Words are like seeds. Are you planting flowers or weeds? I guess all you have to look at is your current garden of life. Is it filled with beautiful things or has it become overgrown with weeds? Some people have a weed garden in their mind. I used to have that problem. My negative, oppressive thoughts were creating a weed garden in my real life. I fixed the problem. It wasn't quick or easy, but the good news is, as I removed the weeds from my thoughts, my outer life also began to change. 

Got Weeds? There is a solution! It's called renovation. Sometimes it can be done fairly simply by wetting the soil and then pulling the obvious weeds. Sometimes you can treat large areas with Roundup. But sometimes the weeds have taken over so much territory that the best way is to rototiller the whole plot. 

Don't like your current garden? As a former landscaper I have many ideas for renovation. Come this Sunday and I'll share some of those ideas with you! I am going to give you a biblical remedy for treating that weed garden that may be growing in your mind and in your words. 

This Sunday we will also have special guests, Krista Kell and Lori Rodgers who will be sharing their story about their work with the residents of Beverly Farm. It will be a special Sunday of love and sharing! Come get renovated because God wants you to blossom and be beautiful!

Announcement
We are sorry to announce the passing of Sally McLaughlan's mother, who was 88. She passed away last Week. Sally we send you our love and condolences. 

Hope to See you this Sunday! 8:45am at 800 North Main St. Edwardsville. Love, pastor kent



No comments:

Post a Comment