Monday, July 18, 2016

Two Ways To Change Your Life and the World!


You Choose! There are two ways to change your life which in turn begins changing the world. You can change things through Love or through Fear.

Jesus' way is the way of love. It is living your life with forgiveness, compassion, patience, kindness, respect, integrity, generosity, joy, a positive attitude.

The evil way is through Fear. It is living your life as an intimidator, with force, anger, revenge, hate, persecution, prejudice, and death.

Which way would you prefer to change your life and the world?

Both choices require a source! Where are you getting your food for thought? Who has final authority in your life? Because if you say Jesus, then you have all the instructions you need to begin living a life of love and peace. 

I have people say to me, "But Kent, the real world doesn't allow us to always walk in love! What if someone attacks you or your family, are you going to allow them to hurt you and your loved ones while just sitting passively with a smile on your face?" 
My answer is absolutely not, I would defend myself and my family to death if necessary! However there is still a huge difference between me defending myself and me living my life as an aggressor using force on people who disagree with me. Being a disciple of Jesus, I see everyone as a child of God. To me, everyone needs love, Jesus' forgiveness, compassion, and respect. I interpret life through the eyes of Jesus! There are some in the world who interpret life through hate, anger, frustration and domination. 

You must choose whose eyes you will use to interpret your life experience. I highly suggest you use the eyes of Jesus! There is great Peace and Compassion from His perspective. 

Because we live in a fallen world, it is easy to put on the wrong glasses at times. Choose Jesus' eyes and ears. Let your life be filled with the fruits of the Spirit! 

Galatians 5:22-23New International Version (NIV)

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

This Sunday! PCF will be leading the worship service and we will be continuing our theme, "Do You Dare To Believe What The Bible Says?" We will also be hearing from Krista Kell and Lori Rodgers who have both dedicated their professional lives to the residents of Beverly Farm. And, there is rumor that there may be some other special guests joining us. You won't want to miss this Sunday!

See you soon! Love, pastor kent. 

Sunday Service is held at 8:45am at 800 North Main St. Edwardsville Il. 


No comments:

Post a Comment