Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Special Message from Pastor Kent


I want to address our new arrangement with Immanuel Methodist because I feel as if there is still some confusion. First, we are not becoming Methodists, and Immanuel Methodist are not becoming Praise Community Fellowshipers (you like that word?). We are trying something very unique. We are two separate churches coming together to worship at the same service. Pastor Jackie and I meet regularly and talk about how to make this work for both congregations. Originally, when I first brought this to the board, I said that we would have the 2nd and 4th Sunday's and Immanuel would do the 1st and third Sundays. But when Jackie and I sat down to develop the schedule there were some things that were already on their schedule that kept this from working perfectly. This coming Sunday is an example. This is the Immanuel Methodist Youth Sunday. The youth will be doing the entire service.
June 21st, which is fathers day, I will be giving the message and our praise band will be providing the music. Pastor Jackie and I met this morning and have decided we will be both participating in "all "the services with one of us giving the sermon about every other week.

Why are we doing this?   There are several reasons.

1.) Our attendance drops in the summer as does Immanuel Methodist.
2.) Noon in the summer is not exactly a great time to expect people to show up at church.
3.) Bonni and I needed a respite to catch a breath as we move forward. I have addressed this in previous blogs.
4.) You get the wonderful diversity and opportunity  of hearing someone other than me every Sunday.
5.) There is synergy when the church has more people in it.
6.) I believe, as does Pastor Jackie, that together our congregations can do some great things together. We are already doing that with the SAKS program.
7.) Bonni and I have some traveling scheduled this summer and there will always be a pastor available in my absence or in Pastor Jackies absence.
8.) We are again breaking new territory with this arrangement. Two different congregations coming together to worship the same God is awesome! It is much closer to what Jesus wants from all of us, to come together!

So, there is church every Sunday this summer at 9:00 am!  It will be an adventure!  Don't Worry, Be Happy!

See you soon!   Love, pastor kent

No comments:

Post a Comment